It seems more than ever, people are searching for their passion. Looking for ways to live it and access it. Where did we go wrong as a society that so many of us choose not to work from the source of our passions and even in our personal lives, we live in a disconnected and inauthentic way?
To those of you on the search for a passion filled life and those of you living it, you are charged to spread the fire to the next generation. You are charged to raise a generation that lives life based on what truly makes them happy. Sign up! Be a mentor for passion.
How do we become a mentor for passion?
- Your children should bear witness to you embracing your passions. They need to see what that looks like, the sacrifices, the hard work, and the energy derived from a passionate existence.
- Your children should bear witness to your joy, to your open heart, to your honesty, and to your truth. These are evidence of passionate living and it is no private matter, with nothing to be embarrassed about.
- Reward your children for things they do well. Build on their strengths.
- Encourage them to explore options through conversation, actions, and opportunities.
- Bring your child to work. Devise ways for them to help you with your work.
- An internship or an opportunity to apprentice is never too early. Especially if they show a real talent in a particular area.
If you would like to use this article in your newsletter or blog please feel free to do as long as you include my credit information: Written by Sandra A. Daley, lifestyle and career coach, www.sandradaley.com
Sandra a. Daley is a certified lifestyle and career coach, writer, speaker and the creator of Dream It! Plan It. Claim It™, an extra-preneurial workshop for women. Contact her at : email@example.com. If you liked this article, you may also enjoy “Inspire”
One generation plants the trees; another gets the shade.