Achieving balance in your work and family life is about having a clear and focused mind, so that you can be free to give 100% in each area. You are free to be creative and make sound decisions, unhampered by outside stressors. Here are seven things to keep in mind:
1. Eliminate clutter in your head, work, and home space. Clean up shop! Get organized and put things in their place. Hire a professional organizer if you have to. But you can never be efficient if you are stepping over laundry, working with piles of papers on your desk, or surrounded by layers of dust.
2. Work-life balance is a team effort; you cannot achieve it alone. Get creative or find it in your budget to hire a nanny, an assistant, or a housekeeper. Enlist the support of your partner or a family member. Imagine how wonderful it feels to come home to a meal cooked or a clean home.
3. Clear your desk and get it organized. Take a trip to Staples and invest in folders, binders, paper trays, notebooks, whatever it takes to have things within reach and accessible.
4. Get it out of your head and on paper. Create to-do lists that you can check off each accomplishment. Keeping things in your head is downright crazy and leads to overwhelm.
5. Exercise. Join a gym or invest in a couple of great DVDs, there are tons out there. Walk to work if you can. Exercise is a great way to free the mind, relieve stress, and get those positive juices flowing.
6. Family comes first. Family is where the heart is and where you come to lay your head at night. That may be different for everyone, but whatever it is for you, honor that. With that said, offer that generosity to others. Offer that same respect to your employees. Allow them the time to take care of their personal needs and trust that they will not abuse the privilege. Employees who are offered these incentives tend to be loyal and will go the extra mile for you.
7. Let go of perfectionism. Let go of guilt. Strive each day to do your best for your family, your children, your spouse, and at work. Your best is enough. Tomorrow is another day. Do not lose sleep over what was left undone. Be happy and content with what is.
If you would like to use this article in your newsletter or blog please feel free to do as long as you include my credit information: Written by Sandra A. Daley, lifestyle and career coach, http://www.sandradaley.com
Sandra a. Daley is a certified lifestyle and career coach, writer, speaker and the creator of Dream It! Plan It. Claim It™, an extra-preneurial workshop for women. Contact her at : firstname.lastname@example.org. If you liked this article, you may also enjoy “Do something else”.
Thanks for taking the time to read my articles. I’m looking forward to sharing my passions with the world!
Be aware of wonder. Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some. Robert Fulghum