Goals can never be accomplished if your spirit is malnourished and your outlook is bleak. Here are 10 ways to stay motivated:
1. Make a list of people you admire, are successful in the way you desire, and are examples of your values. Is there any one you can ask to be a mentor to you?
2. Consider joining or starting a support group that will give you a sense of community and a connection with people who share similar goals.
3. Post your goals and visuals in a visible place for you and others to see.
4. Exercise and meditate regularly and remember to slow down.
5. Open yourself to advice and learning, especially from those you respect and trust.
6. Surround yourself with positive people and things.
7. Relax your expectations. Be open, willing, and flexible towards change.
8. Congratulate yourself on small accomplishments, it helps to build your confidence and prepares you for bigger challenges. By all means, look for ways to enjoy yourself.
9. Review your goals regularly. Make adjustments and remove things if they no longer serve you or inspire you.
10. Challenge yourself! Dare to risk and take on bigger challenges.
Keep your vision of success bright and alive by sharing it with others, it’s bound to add accountability and helps to keep you focused. The dream becomes bigger than you and is now out in the world. Like a potted plant, check in and nurture your goals regularly. Some days will be glorious, others may be less inspiring but being open to change, and possibility will get you through.
If you would like to use this article in your newsletter or blog please feel free to do as long as you include my credit information: Written by Sandra A. Daley, lifestyle and career coach, http://www.sandradaley.com
Sandra a. Daley is a certified lifestyle and career coach, writer, speaker and the creator of Dream It! Plan It. Claim It™, an extra-preneurial workshop for women. Contact her at : firstname.lastname@example.org. If you liked this article, you may also enjoy “Knowing when to compromise”
Thanks for taking the time to read my articles. I’m looking forward to sharing my passions with the world!
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. Anatole France