We spend a lot of time pursuing and amassing. We spend a lot of energy yearning after things we don’t have, envisioning the future, and in constant pursuit of happiness.
Stand still, take stock, in this moment, of what you have that is great, beautiful, and awe-inspiring.
- Is it a strong body that moves you through your day?
- Parents who are of sound mind that you can call on for most anything?
- A spouse that you can watch old movies with?
- Children that still enjoy cuddling with you at wee hours of the morning?
- A job that allows you to be of service and to give back to the community?
- A beautiful home that is safe and warm?
- Friends that are loyal and of good company?
- To live in a community where people look out for one another?
- Where your neighbors care about what happens to you?
- Where you live life with hope, exuberance, and creativity?
Add to the list. Make it yours. Be appreciative of all that you have that is good and getting better. Do the same again tomorrow, and tomorrow, until “pursuing” becomes “being with”.
If you would like to use this article in your newsletter or blog please feel free to do as long as you include my credit information: Written by Sandra A. Daley, lifestyle and career coach, www.sandradaley.com
Sandra a. Daley is a certified lifestyle and career coach, writer, speaker and the creator of Dream It! Plan It. Claim It™, extra-preneurial workshop for women. Contact her at : firstname.lastname@example.org. If you liked this article, you may also enjoy “Motivation is Free”
Thanks for taking the time to read my articles. I’m looking forward to sharing my passions with the world!
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. Albert Camus